Sunday, 13 March 2011

Early spring in the garden

I have a habit of thinking my garden needs more plants, especially in March when not much is growing.  Don't we all?  But after reading a suggestion by @Plantpassion, who I follow on Twitter, I have taken some photos of the garden so I can compare what it looks like through the year.

Vegetable plot


Damp, shady border


Semi-shady border.  Last year I heavily pruned the Mahonia to give me extra planting room at the front of the border.
 


This border is lovely in Spring, but seems to lack a little in the summer.
Difficult to add established plants as the ornamental Cherry has lots of shallow roots. 


Front garden - gets sun for most of the day.  This looks lovely in the Summer!

I am also keen on doing a bit of landscaping in the late Spring, so now I have some "before" pictures that I can use to help me plan my changes.  And hopefully I will be able to look back and say, "wow, haven't I done well?"!!

I fancy a path to the playhouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment